Tagset | Sign-up Summary
DW Letter Post | LJ Letter Post
I have extended sign-ups by an additional twelve hours. They now end at 11:59 Zulu on the 19th. I use the 24 hour clock so that is in the morning.
I have a few small final tag issues.
Eline Carien, Pelim Felicita, Sandwalker Jannik - They became unassociated. Where do they go?
The following have wandered into Original Work: Richard Adams, Ruby Carter, Yaël. If these are you are knowledgeable about these characters then comment.
Anyone know about where The Author showing up in Portal came from?
1. General Challenge – This year’s general challenge is to have at least one work for a third of all the requested fandoms.
2. Trick Challenge – For the trick challenge the goal is to create 100 gifts involving monsters. These can be traditional monsters, human monsters, monsters specific to the canon, and original monsters. You may include magic using humans as monsters if you feel it fits. Any gifts created for the Trick challenge should be tagged as ToT: Monster Mash
3. Treat Challenge – In honor of gaining a sibling exchange, the treat challenge is to create 100 gifts involving relationships. These can be romantic or platonic, healthy, unhealthy, between any gender combination. Any gifts created for the Treat challenge should be tagged as ToT: Chocolate Box.
While the Trick Challenge and the Treat Challenge were created with Tricks and Treats in mind they do not have to match. You can do a Trick that is also part of the Treat Challenge and vice versa.
-Disambiguate for me so that I don't have to. This is especially helpful on things like anything connected to comics, Star Wars, Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire, anything with multiple versions, any RPF, characters with short, common names. If you can think of how it could show up in another fandom then disambiguating is helpful.
-Provide info if it is a rarer fandom especially if it doesn't have it's own wiki in English, a comprehensive wikipedia page, a good characters section on TVtropes, or a good characters list on imdb.
( Read more... )
You can nominate six fandoms and six characters from each. Last year's eight and eight was a little too overwhelming for me. Nominations will be open until Tuesday September 8, 23:59 Zulu time.
All traditional fandoms are eligible. RPF has a few special rules that you can read about in the faq. Fanworks as fandoms will be determined on a case by case basis.
Groups will not be accepted.
If you want any specific fandom handled a certain way or differently from how I've listed then comment.
( Read more... )
The Darkest Night is an exchange fest celebrating dark themes in fanworks. Any fandom is allowed, including five-minute fandoms and Original Work. Fic and art are both welcome; the minimum word count is 500 words, and art must be a good sketch on unlined paper.
Check out the schedule and FAQ for more info!
darkestnightex, AO3 Collection
The creators are now revealed.
Sadly, this year’s community challenge was not successfully completed. I do have to say that you all did a fabulous job in your attempt to accomplish. There were a lot of extra gifts made.
There will be a few changes next year:
1. I feel that 8 fandoms and 8 characters was a bit too much. So we are going to try 6 and 6 next year. I think that might be a bit closer to an ideal number for this exchange.
2. The following fandoms are no longer allowed to be nominated and will be rejected: The Lord of the Rings – All Media Types, The Hobbit – All Media Types, TOLKIEN J. R. R. - Works & Related Fandoms. I’m not saying you can’t nominate LoTR or the Hobbit, just that you can’t use all media types or group all of Tolkien’s works under one fandom. You can give permission for your creator to draw on other versions in your requests.
3. I am going to have to add to the rules. Breaking these rules will result in a ban from the next round:
b. Deleting the gift for your assigned recipient after the due date
On happier news, I now have a roof! Carpeting is coming next.
Next year’s community challenge has already been decided and it will be different from the past two.
Please post all comments, criticisms and concerns on this post.
Nominations open September 1st.
For the community challenge, I won't have time to update the sheet for awhile. But you have until the reveals date to get those in.
For extra treats I will leave the collection open indefinitely. I will only count them for the community challenge up until creator reveals. I will get the spreadsheet updated in about twenty-four hours.